Grove City Area School District is in need of short-term substitutes for the 2017-18 school year and will employ PSERS retirees due to a shortage of personnel through said school year as needed. The Grove City Area School District certifies as follows:
- Grove City Area School District maintains a current substitute list that distinguishes between those who are PSERS retirees and those who are not.
- Grove City Area School District confirms that when the need for a short-term substitute assignment arises, it will first notify and exhaust a candidate pool of those who are not a PSERS retiree and will not employ a PSERS retiree unless someone who is not a PSERS retiree is not available or does not accept the assignment within a reasonable period of time.
- Grove City Area School District accomplishes the above through the AESOP to make assignments available only to a non-PSERS retiree for the first 25% of the lead time of the absence before making the assignment available to those who are a PSERS retiree.
- Grove City Area School District acknowledges that PSERS understands “short-term substitute assignment” to mean an assignment that is not to extend longer than one week.
- If a short-term substitute assignment is expected to extend beyond one week, then Grove City Area School District acknowledges that PSERS’ approval of this request is not applicable to such assignment and that the district will submit a separate request for approval from PSERS to employ the individual PSERS retiree for such a long-term substitute.
- Grove City Area School District will make available to any PSERS retiree who will be employed in a short-term substitute assignment a copy of this request and PSERS’ response.