Soccer Team Philosophy
GCHS BOYS SOCCER VISION:
GCHS Boys' Soccer strives to create a highly competitive and effective organization based on positive team culture, hard work, peer learning, dedication, leadership, and respect.
GCHS BOYS' SOCCER GOALS:
1. Improve the character, responsibility, communication skills, and knowledge of our student athletes, while maintaining a culture of hard work and dedication.
2. Improve teamwork and cooperative learning skills on the soccer field.
3. Enhance the leadership qualities of the student athletes.
4. Instill each of these qualities to stretch beyond the playing field, allowing our student-athletes to be positive contributors to Grove City Community.
5. Form a relationship among players, parents, coaches, and the fellow soccer programs of the community and middle school.
We strongly believe that our job has two phases:
Professionalism: To teach the basics and fundamentals of the game. To teach the rules and laws of the game. To evaluate the talent on hand and then teach, condition, and mold to make a team that understands the game well and is technically ready and able to complete within the district and beyond.
Moral: To be a role model and a positive influence in the lives of our players and install a sense of self-pride, confidence, and character so that they can function and be successful in their lives beyond high school