Frequently Asked Questions

  • District Office: 724-458-6733
    District Business Office: 724-458-7993
    High School Cafeteria: 724-458-7704
    High School Office: 724-458-5456
    Attendance Office: 724-458-5456, ext. 2102
    Guidance Office: 724-458-5458
    Athletic Office: 724-458-1120


    1. My child has been absent and needs her homework assignments

    After your student has been absent for three days, you may contact the guidance office to see about collecting homework assignments. Your student can also check on google classroom.

    1. My student has trouble opening his locker. Who should he see?

    Mrs. Eccles, in the attendance office, is the first person to see regarding a locker problem. If she can not resolve the issue, she will contact maintenance.

    1. Is there a fax number I can use to send in an excuse when my student is off school? Can I fax in a request for student records once I have completed the release form?

    Yes, the high school fax number is 724-450-0678.

    1. How can I obtain a copy of my high school transcripts or report card?

    The Guidance Office is responsible for all confidential records. For students under age 18, a parent or guardian must sign a Records Release form. Release forms are available in the Guidance Office or under the Parents & Guardians tab of the website.

    1. What do I need to enroll a student in the High School?

    The Registration Office will be your first step in enrolling your son/daughter in the High School. You will need to provide a copy of their birth certificate, immunization record, recent report card, transcript, or current schedule of classes. Copies of any Special Education or Gifted paperwork should also be included. If necessary, proof of guardianship will need to be handled through the Assistant Principal's Office.

    1. Where can I obtain a sport’s packet?

    Sport’s Packets are available from the district web site, Athletic Director’s Office or Main Office.

    1. Where can I obtain a travel release form so I can transport my child from a sporting event or band?

    A Travel Release form is available on the website under the Parents & Guardians tab, Athletic Director’s Office, Attendance or Main Office. Students may only be transported by their own parent or legal guardian.

    1. How do we get our student excused from school for an anticipated family trip.

    You would complete a Release for Legal Absence form available on the Parents & Guardians tab of the website or from the Attendance Office. The trip must have an educational value, not exceed two weeks, and be approved in advance by the building principal and Superintendent.

    1. How do I sign my daughter up to take driver’s education behind the wheel training?

    The Behind the Wheel Program is currently on hold due to COVID-19.  Please email Mrs. Reid ( for a form to sign-up to be contacted when the program resumes.  Thank you!

    Once your daughter has taken and passed driver's education in the classroom and has her permit, she can sign up for Driver’s Education in the Main Office. She will need a copy of her permit and a fee of $50.00 payable to Grove City School District. Once she has signed up, an instructor will call her to set up lesson times. The state requires 6 hours of behind the wheel training. Each session is limited to one hour, so six sessions are required.

    1. Where does my student get a worker’s permit?

    Please email Tina Reid at to obtain a worker's permit.

    In order to receive a worker's permit, you will need to provide documentation with proof of age – birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, driver’s permit or baptismal certificate. Signatures from both parent and student are required to receive your work permit. Work permits are issued to a minor between 14 and 17 years of age under the Child Labor Act of 2012. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Reid in the High School main office at 724-458-5456.


question mark