How to Make Purchases in the School Cafe:All students are assigned with a GCASD student ID number using the GCSD (SIS) student information system, Tyler.This number also identifies your student in the school meals program. Your child will need to use this ID number when purchasing meals or ala carte items and applying funds to their school meals account, therefore eliminating the need to carry money on a daily basis. Please have your child memorize their GCASD student ID number. Sing or hum this number to their favorite tune to help them learn it.Students can purchase breakfast and lunch daily. We also offer ala carte entree, soups, beverages and snacks that all meet healthy nutrition guidelines.For more information about the ala carte options we offer, go to: https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/npao/smartsnacks.htm
Payment Option Procedures
Please make sure to add money to your child’s account before the start of the school year. School Café is a convenient way to keep track of your child’s school meal purchases. Reoccurring payments can be set up on your child’s account for a small 5% convenience fee and you may also view your child’s purchases on www.schoolcafe.com with no charge to your account.
Please make sure that payments are paid online or before/after lunch to ensure all students have adequate time to eat.
Payments must be made online or sent in a sealed payment envelope including the student’s first and last name and student ID pin number. We strongly recommend checks instead of money.
All negative balances are to be paid in a timely manner.How can I make deposits to my child's account?School Café gives you the option to prepay for your child’s school breakfast, lunch and/or a la carte food items using your credit or debit card.Features of the Program:
How to Enroll:
- View the history of student purchases.
- Low Balance Email Notification – Parents can receive email notification when their student’s account balance is low.
- Smart Pay - Set accounts to automatically replenish
- Expired Credit Card Notification – Parents can receive an email notification prior to credit card expiration.
- There is a 5% convenience fee each time you add money to your account.
School Cafe Questions:If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please contact the School Café customer support center Monday – Friday from 6 am to 6 pm CST @ email@example.com or 855-729-2328.
- Visit https://www.schoolcafe.com and Click to Register for an Account.
- Create an account - you will need your child’s school name, grade level, birth date and district ID number.
- Provide debit or credit card information.
- Select the automatic pre-payment option if desired.
- When making School Café payments, please verify that the correct school is listed for your student. If it is not the right school, please change it. Otherwise your money will not be applied correctly.
- If you choose NOT to deposit payment online and are paying by check, make checks payable to: GC Food Services and write the student's or students' name(s) and student ID# in the "memo" section of the check.
- If paying in cash, enclose a piece of paper with the student's or students' name(s) and ID # with the money in a sealed envelope.